A twist to the classic that’s perfect for Autumn and Winter. The fluffiest and most fragrant madeleines that will keep you cozy! The maple syrup keeps the madeleines moist and soft and gives it caramel and nutty flavours! I mean what’s not to love?!
MAKES 10 MADELEINES
75g melted butter 20g vegetable oil
50ml warm milk 50g maple syrup
5g baking powder 120g plain flour
60g caster sugar 1 + 1/2 egg
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Grease madeleine pan with melted butter and leave in fridge.
2. Combine eggs and sugar. Add warm milk and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add flour and baking powder, mix until just incorporated.
4. Stir in butter, vegetable oil and maple syrup.
5. Lightly dust a layer of flour on the madeleine pan.
6. Fill each madeleine mould 80% full, let the batter rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
8. Bake for 12 minutes